Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A PERFECT DAY: "S/T"

Rating: RR
Label: Frontiers 2012
Review by: Urban "Wally" Wallstrom

'Oh, it's such a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you. Oh, such a perfect day. You just keep me hanging on. You just keep me hanging on'. Indeed, Lou Reed sang about sangria in the park, feeding animals in the zoo. Then later a movie, too. And then home. These lads are however brought up with the pizza and pasta, since it's the new Italo Hard Rock power trio formed in 2011 as the new outlet by founding members of Labyrinth.

Truth be told, it's basically the same old band consisting of Andrea Cantarelli (guitars), Alessandro Bissa (drums) and Roberto Tiranti (vocals/bass) only with a different sound. "Now and Forever" may actually remind you of the Hughes/Iommi project. The majority of tracks, however, are based around the typical post-grunge American Rock sound. 'You made me forget myself I thought I was someone else. Someone good'. You won't get lost in their music and completely forget yourself while listening to these melodies though. It's a very safe record and merely the guitar work by Cantarelli will have you up and dancing in no time. Great groove, there's a couple of really catchy tunes here, overall... nice but no cigar.
www.facebook.com/APDBand/

No comments:

Post a Comment